This must be my age but it feels like everyone is busy with wedding planning. This is a joyful occasion and very exciting for those who are involved. I was recently invited to one of my friend’s hens weekend-away which I am looking forward to… I had to decide on a gift and thought that instead of buying something ordinary, to get more personal and designed a very special cookbook for her.
The cookbook is a compilation of photos, recipes and quotes from her closest friends. I put quite a bit of thinking into it and was very happy with the outcome. This can be a perfect gift for anyone and will be cherished for years.
You need the following:
- A program, which can be downloaded online. I used a website that also offers a print option –‘albumworks’.
- A few photographs of that person or of you with that person. They can be collected from friends, family and should have a funny twist
- Recipes and quotes, which can also be sourced from friends and family
- Decide on colour palette. I would advise to use the person’s favourite colours or pastel
- Make all headings same size and colour for consistency
- Make font same on each page
- Have fun with backgrounds and the way you place and frame photographs
- Use pinterest to find some additional images and prints. They are useful for filling in the gaps
- Make it look clean, don’t overload with multiple images – the less, the better
- Try to keep it balanced, i.e. if one page has a photo, better to place text on the other page
- Do a spellcheck before sending it for print